It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Help needed with Copywriting
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:54 pm 

Hi all,

I was hoping you guys could provide me with some insight.

I have started on an assignment where the aim is to sell myself through copy to my lecturer. It's going to be a print ad on an a3 board with copy similar to the the economist print ads
http://www.lbhat.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Economisterr_thumb1.jpg
because i really like their approach and so does my lecturer.

Now comes the hard part, I have no idea how to write good copy, I have read a lot of text but only have a week to do this, so I thought I would post up what I have and hopefully some experienced copywriters could point me in the right direction?

My lecturer has a distinct dislike for the words awesome, fantastic, if,so, but and the exclamation mark, so I was thinking something like:

Patrick Cameron
Breaking through the copywriting clutter of awesome! and fantastic!, no if so or buts about it.

Now i think this is fairly average in terms of writing (almost bordering on cheesy) but i do like the idea and if there's anything I've learnt it's that if you have an idea you can work on it. I hope I've made sense and I don't come off as wanting someone to do this assignment for me. I just figure if i want to do well then who better to ask for help than professional coppywriters.

Looking forward to your replies,

Pat

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]